I have a birthday coming up in May and it's made me start thinking about style. I've been asked a lot to define my style and often times found myself a little stumped. But I dove into the huge word "style" and have made a quick how-to guide in finding your own personal style. Also I'm sharing some fabulous pieces from Tobi (http://www.tobi.com) that are so "my style". Let's get started.
1. Purge! This is one I find so hard! But if you haven't worn a piece in a year GET RID OF IT! There were a lot of things I felt like I was holding on to for no reason. Plus it makes room for new things right?
2. Try everything on- Seriously. Everything. Make a day of it, open some champagne that always helps. You'll know exactly what gets the cut when you try it on and say what was I thinking?!
3. Find your inspiration /muse- I have a couple. Victoria Beckham, Olivia Palermo, SJP. I've admired their style for years. It's always good to have someone to get inspiration from.
4. Versatility. It's great to have those couple favorites that are just wow but for the most part when investing in good pieces make sure you can wear it different ways and with lots of different things. This mesh bodysuit is amazing because the possibilities are endless. So many ways to waer this one.
5. Choose three words you gravitate towards. For me glam, edgy, feminine. This "little green dress" embodies all of these. Especially when paired with some very fun accessories.
6. Take photos of outfits your love, for us fashion bloggers thats easy but if you aren't this is an important step. I feel like sometimes I will put an outfit together and take a photo and then I'm like "well I guess it's time to start over".
7. Make a list of this things in your closet that you love or are drawn to. I love black, plunging necklines, and body suits! This fabulous Tobi piece is all three.
8. My final tip. If you like it wear it! If it screams your name own it. Don't ever anyone tell you what you like isn't "in". For me, feathers!
I hope you have a very stylish week ahead of you! Monday's can suck so head for that second cup of coffee!