Let's get this straight right now. Myself, like the rest of the world I'm sure does not need any kind of reason to eat pizza. But it's National Deep Dish Pizza Day annnnd Wednesday. So today I'm showing you how to make one in a cast iron skillet.
What you need:
- Pizza dough. I made mine but you can buy it too
- 1 tbsp oil
- Pizza sauce
-Cheese, I used fresh mozzarella and parmesan
-Anything else you wish to add to you pizza
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 450
- Coat the cast iron pan with oil
- Push pizza dough into the pan
- Add sauce, cheese and toppings
- Put skillet in oven for about 17 minutes
When you take it out of the oven be so careful. Obviously it's very hot.
So I hope this day finds you wish some delicious pizza in hand!