Happy Friday Everyone!
MK and I have been behind the camera lense having owned our photography company for nine years. We have seen a lot of things...a lot of things. Most of which we can't talk about of course but one thing that we can indeed talk about is how to look good in front of the camera. You may have heard some of these before but they are no fail. Here are a few tips for your next photo with friends, OOTD, or if you see us headed toward you at a wedding.
1. Sometimes in photos it's hard not to smile big. This is a hard one for me cause I'm a cheeser. But when you do this you usually have squinty eyes in photos. If you put the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth you'll avoid the squint and have just the right smile.
2. The right angle and side. Everyone has their "best side". When you know which one that is, angle a little up or a tad down in a photo. It will eliminate shadows and also help with the dreaded double chin.
3. Do the twist. This is my favorite. Being a former dancer I'm pretty comfortable in 5th position but it helps with posture. Stand in a 5th (ish) position, put your hand on your hip, and twist to the camera.
4. Criss cross. Another favorite is to cross your ankles in a photo. It always slims you out. If you have pockets here use them!
5. Don’t be too stiff. When we shoot weddings we always make sure not to pose anyone too much because no one is going to like a photo where everyone looks uncomfortable. Relax. The photo will always be better that way.
It’s Martini time! This recipe is my new favorite. It’s so refreshing and perfect for summer. Put your vodka, Triple sec, lime juice, and a couple drops of Strawberry Watermelon water enhancer in a shaker over ice. Then strain into a martini glass and top with Sprite. Garnish with lime. Cheers!