Since wedding season is in full swing and many of you will be getting glam for your big day or your pals day I thought I would share some of my tips. MK and I have been photographing wedding for nine years and I've been doing a ton of makeup (and hair) throughout the years. After over 150 weddings shot, I sure have seen just about everything. From spray tans gone wrong, black marks on a dress, or even shoes breaking walking into the church. I know how to handle just about everything. I could go on and on about that but for now, I'm sharing my pro makeup tips for your next event.
1. Stay away from shine!! Keep it matte all the way. Now that the weather is warmer lets face it, you can get a little sweaty. Thats a bad combination with shiny make up and being photographed.
2. If you aren't having your makeup professionally done, make sure your foundation matches your skin tone perfectly. If not, the photos will show that it doesn't.
3. When I do a brides makeup unless requested otherwise I always try to keep her as natural as possiblele and as close to what she looks like normally with just a tad more glam. You never want to look at your wedding photos in 20 years and say "What was I thinking with that makeup?!". At the same time you don't want to go too light on the makeup because even if you feel like your eyes look a little heavy with makeup, it won't photograph that way. I call it natural glam.
4. When it comes to liner, I always use a gel because I like the way it looks. Also, I'll start the liner in the middle of the eye because lining it all the way to the corner can make the eye look smaller.
5. Never ever skip the primer! Not only does it smooth, you know like spanx for your face, it will keep your makeup on so much longer. Don't forget eyelid primer too! The smoothing effect really makes for much better photos
I hope my tips helped! Hoping everyone has a great wedding season no matter what part you play!