Okay guys I'm just going to say it STARBUCKS, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! You don't "run out" of the Pumpkin Spice Latte in SEPTEMBER! That's idiotic. I'm sure not all Starbucks establishments aren't out but mine is and I'm downright offended. So I thought I would share my easy Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup hot espresso coffee (see below)
- whipped cream for topping (optional)
- cinnamon powder for topping (optional)
- Mix milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract and sugar. Microwave for 1½ minute, until hot. Whisk until all the ingredients have dissolved.
- Put espresso coffee and pumpkin milk mixture in a mug or cup and stir.
- Top with 2-3 tbsp whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder. Serve immediately. I skipped the whipped cream because, calories.
To make espresso coffee: Mix 2 tbsp instant coffee with ¼ cup hot water. Stir well until the coffee crystals have dissolved.
Have a great week, hope you are properly caffeinated on this Monday!