Our busy season is starting to slow down a tad so I've been cooking like crazy! Sometimes there is nothing better than a delicious (and fast!) canapé. Not only is it easy it's pretty gourmet too. I love seafood and avocados so much and wanted to share this healthy appetizer for your next meal, gathering, or even as a side dish.
Here is what you need:
- 6 (or however many you think you need) big scallops, make sure they are big scallops this recipe won't work as well with small ones, trust me on that.
- 1/3 cup Honey Dijon dressing
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce:
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 tsp Honey Dijon dressing
- dash of salt
- Wash and dry your scallops, coat them in dressing and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a small Ziplock bag, smash avocado and add dressing. The bag will stop it from browning.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil, salt and pepper the scallops, let them sear on each side for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, and top with the delicious avocado sauce.
*Fast Tip: If the scallops stick to the pan when trying to flip then they aren't ready yet.
Honestly I could eat this meal every single day! It's totally amazing and low cal too.
Hope all of you have a great Wednesday!