It's Friday and that means it's time for another Martini Moment!
By now you've probably figured out that I deeply love to cook. Over the years it has become one of my favorite things. Last night I was chopping some veggies and started thinking about my knives and their purposes. I had a pretty basic knowledge but thought what a great post it would be to delve into exactly what each does.
1. Cleaver- For really tough tasks like cutting through really thick meat or even bone.
2. Chef Knife- The workhorse of the kitchen. The curve of the blade allows for a rocking motion for mincing and chopping.
3. Bread Knife- Obviously for cutting bread. But easily cut so that bread does not smash. Perfect for a fresh out of the oven baguette.
4.Utility Knife- Also called a sandwich knife. It's in-between size makes it perfect for everyday tasks like quartering potatoes or slicing a cucumber.
5. Pairing Knife- Use for small jobs like peeling, pitting, or coring a tomato.
6. Kitchen Scissors- This is perfect for trimming unwanted fat from meats or cutting fresh herbs.
Fast Fact: The first item pictured which looks like sharpener is actually for honing. It pushes the blade back into the center as it gets pushed from use.
Have a great weekend! I hope you find yourself in the kitchen, wine in hand, dancing and cooking up a delicious dish.