I spent the first day of being 27 making a list throughout the day of things I have learned in the roller coaster ride that was 26.
- You won't always have to know the answer and its okay to ask for help.
- Sometimes you think things like "2015 is going to be my year"...and when it's not, you hold you head up and know that you can deal with tough things. Those moments are when you find your strength.
- There will be bad days, but they are only that. Tomorrow is new and it will be better.
- Never, ever under any circumstances expect anyone to congratulate you on doing a good job.
- Splurge every now and then.
- Get a good iron. It isn't worth it to iron something and it not be perfect.
- Look around at the good people in your life and be thankful for them.
- Just for a second take a look back and see the people who are no longer there and understand the reasons. Make peace with that.
- Stop "looking forward" to your next event and appreciate right now.
- Be ready for change always.
- Do squats. Just shut up and do them.
- Invest in staple pieces, not so much on whats trendy.
- Never have a day without a goal, even a small one.
- Most importantly, love you. Your hair, your nose, taste in fashion, the way you wait till the last minute to do something. No one else will like you if you first don't like yourself.
I'm not going to lie I was a little freaked out to turn another year older but after spending the day with my Husband, family, best friend, and all the amazing people who love me, I am so thankful to be another year older and am beyond ready to see what 27 has in store for me. I pray that it is kind and full of much more life experience.
Also, Happy Birthday to Marilyn Monroe...where ever you may be.