I. Live. For. Sundays.
All week long I am in a constant state of moving and running. Life is busy for all of us through the week right? Working full time and also owning a busy photography company can be very taxing on MK and I. A lot of times this is my only day off. Because of that, we have a rule that we only break on rare occasions: no work on Sunday's.
Since most of my posts are fast this is going to be the one day a week that I'll feature something not so fast. "Slow Down Sunday" is going to be a chance to, well, stop and smell the roses per say.
So how about these Rose Potato's?! Easy, elegant, and great to switch up the normal boring potato side. Having said it'd easy I must say it is not quick to perfect these lovely buds.
Here is what you need:
- 7 potatoes (or more just depending on your guest list)
- 5-6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Italian herbs and 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 pepper
Here is what you do:
- Wash and peel potatoes and slice them with a peeler into very thin slices
- Combine oil and spices
- Make a row of like 9-10 slices and brush with your oil mixture
- Start rolling them but hold them tight
- Boom! You've got a rosebud
- Set the rose into a muffin tin, its possible that you might not have enough slices for the circle so you might need to add a couple slices so that the rose sits tight
- Brush the tops with oil seasoning
- Throw in the oven on 400 for 25-30 minutes- just make sure its golden.