It is an amazing thing to leave for a trip in the summer and come back to a complete season change. I appreciate the chill in the air and need for a sweater just a little bit more. A tradition of mine is to make a huge batch of Chili as soon as Fall starts. Letting the hearty dish simmer for hours and the delicious smell lingering through the house all day really added an extra thrill to welcoming Fall back once more.
Here is my easy and lower cal Chili dish recipe:
- 2 pounds lean ground meat
- A spoonful of chopped garlic
- Half an onion
- 3 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 15 oz spicy chili beans (I don't put these in as both MK and I don't love them in our Chili)
Put some oil in a pot, add the garlic and onion and cook until the onions are translucent. Add you meat and brown, then add your tomatoes, sauce, and everything else.