Don Draper from Mad Men said "Keep it simple but significant." I feel like that could apply a lot to life but I'll tell you, it really goes with this recipe:
Seared Scallops with Bacon, Tomato, and Avocado Puree
It's a very interesting Californian dish with different textures and flavers.
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juic
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Hass avocado, pitted
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch-long pieces (I used turkey bacon)
- 6 to 8 sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup red or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
This recipe totals about 350 calories. So not only is it decadent but healthy too. Treat yourself to this swanky plate to switch up your pallet.