Happy Birthday to my fabulous niece Ella Grace!
Any time there's a party I'm always more than happy to bring some appetizers. Having a different party a couple hours prior to hers, I needed some quick and delicious dishes as we had a very packed day ahead of us. Antipasti skewers and Pesto Pinwheels were the perfect choice.
For the skewers:
- Gorgonzola stuffed green olives
- Cooked tortellini
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella wrapped in salami
- Jumbo black olives
Soak them in Italian dressing for a couple hours and you are good to go!
For the Pinwheels:
You can get creative with this one and put whatever you want in there..
- If you don't want to make your own crescent rolls, use the store bought, roll them out, and seal the perforations.
- Sweet red peppers
- Your favorite pesto (I make my own)
- A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
For some, I had extra mozzarella left over so I used it. Pop them in the oven on 375 for about 10 minutes or until that perfect brown color appears.
It's always a good thing to never show up to an event empty handed.